Evaluation

Evaluation:

Successes:

In my eyes i think my artefact was a great success. I managed to include every feature i tended but one. If it was to be used by my target audience, I believe they would thoroughly enjoy using the application concept.  Each card was scannable allowing and came up with the correct information for the players. All the hyperlinks worked taking the users to the correct social media page, website and YouTube Clips. Also, the firework feature came off as intended despite having great difficulty to execute it. 

I was also very disciplined in the way conducted myself on this module. I Completed the blogs close to when we were taught it in order to retain what was taught and make it the best I can. Also, I made sure I booked the camera equipment days in advance so it would be available for me to use. Furthermore, I had a a good schedule in terms of not overloading too much work with little time left. I assigned myself a week in which I set myself targets to meet. This being for example me setting up the hyperlinks for each player and making sure they work correctly.

Shortcomings:

My only shortcoming was not being able to add more special effects. I managed to add the firework feature which looked incredible but I would've liked to of added some footballs in the background. I would have made it more interactive with the phone movement i.e., shaking the phone about and the footballs moving as a consequence. I researched on the internet to try and find tutorials or some advice on how to do so but failed to find anything of use. I found some coding, but it didn't work when I tested it.

Another shortcoming was in the video production. The over the shoulder shot to demonstrate AR to the maximum, with the AR vs reality contrast on display, wasn't focused as I liked. I didn't have anyone available to record and make sure the shots were in focus. I wish the phone and card were in focus in order to enhance the AR vs reality concept.

Further Development:

In order to make my artefact better and to progress it I would improve my shortcomings (footballs interactive with phone movement and camera focus in production). Additionally, to develop it further I would expand my features to more Match Attax cards, so scanning would be more available. It would help my intentions towards my target audience as they would gain more knowledge on their desired player on a much larger scale. 

Comments